The Perfect Pour Over
As dawn’s first light crests over the horizon, we breathe in a new day and embrace the possibilities of what may come. The first sip from a freshly brewed cup igniting our soul. The aromatic smell brings our senses to life.
This is what it means to be present from the start. Coffee is not just a beverage, it’s an invitation to explore how you show up in the world. It’s an invitation to be curious about how you interact with others and how you connect with your surroundings.
Our friend Jake, a coffee connoisseur of sorts, shared his experience with Nest and how he makes coffee in the wild.
First step upon receiving your product – geek out! As you’re taking it out of the package play with it. Familiarize yourself with it. Take off each piece to wonder at the craftmanship.
Now that you know what’s what, take a hike! Its time to start a freshly brewed cup with a view.
Gently Place Pour Over Dripper on Mug No need to screw on, you’ll need proper air flow for the water to circulate down.
Insert VSSL Stainless-Steel Mesh Filter. The Nest Pour Over will also accommodate #1 and #2 filters.
Rinse Filter. Smooth coffee consists of a pre-heated and pre-soaked filter – regardless of the materiality.
Add Fresh Ground Beans. Using either the Java G25 or Java G45 grind approximately 20-30 grams of beans to accommodate 10oz coffee the ideal ratio is 16:1.
Brew in Phases. Enjoy the ritual of the moment!
*Perfectly ground coffee beans will pull coffee in 3 minutes
1. Release gases by slowly pouring 2oz of water heated to 204°F in a circular motion
2. Stop pouring and rest for 30 seconds, give the coffee a moment to breath as you start to see bubbles appear on the top of the grinds
3. Start pouring the remaining 8oz of hot water in a slow circular motion
4. A slow pour avoids “cratering” in your grounds, on the edges of your filter
5. Remove pour over dripper and enjoy!