Job Description – Account Manager
Start Date: May 1, 2021
Position: Account Manager – Group & Corporate Sales
Reports to: Director of Sales
Location: Abbotsford, B.C.
VSSL, creator of unique and versatile outdoor gear systems, rooted in the traditions of self-sufficiency and wilderness survival is seeking a motivated and driven individual to grow and develop VSSL’s Group and Corporate sales channel. This candidate will be responsible for manage the end-to-end process of all VSSL sales in this channel to ensure customer success with every order. The right candidate thrives in small-business, fast-paced environment, and has a demonstrated track record in business development and customer success. Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals and KPI’s, establishing a profitable and sustainable sales channel within VSSL, and delivering exceptional customer service at every touch point.
• Lead, own, and develop VSSL’s corporate and group sales channel, including customization process, that delivers year-over-year sustained profitable growth.
• Consistently achieve and exceed monthly and annual sales and margin targets, along with channel KPI’s.
• Own all aspects of the sales cycle to ensure every client has a positive experience, including fielding inquiries, proposal creation, building relationships, customization, processing sales and order fulfillment.
• Align knowledge of VSSL’s objectives and initiatives with customer and market insights to identify and convert market opportunities.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to develop materials and tools that drive awareness and engagement of VSSL’s Group & Corporate sales programs and new product initiatives. • Identify and proactively engage new corporate customers and develop new, exciting business opportunities.
• Follow-up on potential leads and manage communication both internally and externally.
• Collaborate with Global Sales Director and Operations team to provide timely demand forecasts to inform future.
• Identify solutions, efficiencies, and cost reduction opportunities in VSSL’s customization options, aligning internal key stakeholders to ensure operational success.
• Establish corporate gifting calendar with key deadlines for sales programs and initiatives. • Support the planning of our corporate gifting strategy and expansion roadmap (e.g., corporate workshops, B2B partnerships, design services, wholesale accounts)
• Utilizes CRM tools to document activity and communicate pertinent data. (Hubspot) • Reporting weekly, monthly and quarterly on performance to KPIs.
• Travel to regional/national buying shows as needed.
Professional & Cultural Characteristics
Effective Collaborator & Influencer
• Highly collaborative, low ego approach in working with colleagues leveraging high levels of emotional intelligence – self-awareness, self-management, and relationship management – to achieve positive results.
• Track record of providing advice, counsel, and collaborative problem-solving support, tailoring influence strategies to drive the desired change.
• Ability to effectively align multiple stakeholders around a common vision and direction, managing stakeholder interests and needs particularly when there might be conflict and/or underperformance.
• Demonstrated ability to develop innovative, pragmatic solutions tailored to specific business requirements that align with VSSL’s brand values.
Strong Strategic & Results Orientation
• Strong business judgment and strategic insight, as demonstrated by a clear ability to understand the broader strategy and market context of the business, identify its success drivers, and support them effectively through sales strategies.
• Track record of being a credible and respected member of the senior leadership team, whose input is sought and valued within the broader business context.
• Ability to bring fresh insights to the leadership team that play an important role in changing the performance of the business, and the ability to provide sensitive yet tough advice to fellow leaders.
• High tolerance for risk taking and ability to continually challenge company and teams to push beyond the status quo.
• Energized by creating better ways of doing things, so that higher levels of performance are achievable.
• Ability to deliver results, work within ambiguity, and successfully manage unresolved situations, frequent changes, or unexpected events.
• Solid understanding of strategy development and project management.
• Ability to communicate results and status to multiple audiences.
• 3–5 years’ experience in sales, business development, preferably in the corporate gifting space.
• Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales objectives and delivering customer success. • Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and Google Workspace.
• Quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast pace, ever changing environment. • Exceptional attention to detail while keeping sight of the overall project vision. • An innate sense of urgency.
• Possess excellent follow-up capabilities, ability to prioritize and handle several projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrate sound decision-making processes and work well under pressure. • Be proactive in identifying, resolving and communicating challenges.
• Solid organizational and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
|||Abbotsford, British Columbia|||||||||sJ_e28U.8_lhgB-Q|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false
Select a location
If you're shopping outside of the Canada or the United States, please use the US store.