Job Description – Inventory/Demand Planner
Date: March 20, 2021
Position: Inventory/Demand Planner
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Abbotsford, B.C.
VSSL, creator of unique and versatile outdoor gear systems, routed in the traditions of self-sufficiency and wilderness survival is seeking a candidate to lead inventory and demand planning. This candidate will lead an end-to-end integrated planning function responsible for optimizing Supply & Inventory across all sales channels. The role will collaborate closely with the Leadership Team to determine the optimal Supply Plan revenue, margin, and inventory KPI’s and be directly responsible for the successful execution of VSSL’s inventory plan (finished goods, raw materials), providing timely visibility of potential supply risks, mitigation plans, and areas of opportunities to key stakeholders. The candidate needs to be a strong Individual Contributor with experiences across Supply chain including Supply, Inventory Planning & Purchasing.
• Champion and execute VSSL’s supply and demand planning process, and seasonal inventory strategy.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to maintain VSSL’s demand forecast and inventory supply plan.
• Create seasonal inventory strategy to guide inventory buying decisions and buffer strategies. • Create finished good and raw material buy plans to meet projected demand forecasts. • Establish and monitor KPI’s to validate forecast accuracy and vendor performance. • Establish a process/module for maintaining VSSL’s Bill of Materials (BOMs) for all VSSL products.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to maintain VSSL’s Master Product Line Plan. • Maintain accurate records of all purchase orders in Brightpearl.
• Work with Logistics team to track and ensure on-time delivery.
• Provide solutions to profitably reduce excess inventory.
• Communicate and work with sales to develop exit plans for aged inventory, excess inventory and obsolete merchandise.
• Develop and manage a forecasting program with sales to anticipate spikes in demand and manage inventory flow accordingly.
• Conduct bi-weekly reviews with sales team on stock levels and expected demand. • Maintain inventory levels and accuracy for all warehouses.
• Develop reports based on stakeholder requests.
• Manage inventory adjustments and reconciliation.
• Reduce shrink through better reporting, cycle counts, and planning.
• Forecast raw material needs as part of Bill of Material (BOM) programs
• Provide insights on trending products to sales management weekly, allowing us to respond quickly to market trends.
• Maintain and establish in-stock rates for different product tiers to make sure we meet our in stock promise and delivery expectations.
• Utilize forecasting resources to improve our product flow through increased turn and lower inventory levels.
• Develop seasonal planning by category together with sales. Track performance against expectations to identify under trending and over trending categories/items.
• Develop dashboard reporting and key item trackers that highlights wins and opportunities while there is still time to maximize sales.
• Track product lifecycle to make sure that inventory levels are in line with anticipated demand. • Identify and implement strategies to deliver and exceed inventory goals of in stocks, turn, weeks of supply while driving sales.
• Drive effective product life cycle management through recommending appropriate marketing and promotional action.
• Foster productive vendor relationships to support department and company goals
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or related fields.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in planning and inventory forecasting.
• Extensive proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and the full suite of Office Products. • Excellent problem solving and analytical skills based in the ability to actively listen. • Quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast pace, ever changing environment. • Exceptional attention to detail while keeping sight of the overall project vision. • An innate sense of urgency.
• Possess excellent follow-up capabilities, ability to prioritize and handle several projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrate sound decision-making processes and work well under pressure. • Be proactive in identifying, resolving and communicating challenges.
• Solid organizational and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
Professional & Cultural Characteristics
Effective Collaborator & Influencer
• Highly collaborative, low ego approach in working with colleagues leveraging high levels of emotional intelligence – self-awareness, self-management, and relationship management – to achieve positive results.
• Track record of providing advice, counsel, and collaborative problem-solving support, tailoring influence strategies to drive the desired change.
• Ability to effectively align multiple stakeholders around a common vision and direction, managing stakeholder interests and needs particularly when there might be conflict and/or underperformance.
• Demonstrated ability to develop innovative, pragmatic solutions tailored to specific business requirements that align with VSSL’s brand values.
Strong Strategic & Results Orientation
• Strong business judgment and strategic insight, as demonstrated by a clear ability to understand the broader strategy and market context of the business, identify its success drivers, and support them effectively through sales strategies.
• Track record of being a credible and respected member of the senior leadership team, whose input is sought and valued within the broader business context.
• Ability to bring fresh insights to the leadership team that play an important role in changing the performance of the business, and the ability to provide sensitive yet tough advice to fellow leaders.
• High tolerance for risk taking and ability to continually challenge company and teams to push beyond the status quo.
• Energized by creating better ways of doing things, so that higher levels of performance are achievable.
• Ability to deliver results, work within ambiguity, and successfully manage unresolved situations, frequent changes, or unexpected events.
• Solid understanding of strategy development and project management.
• Ability to communicate results and status to multiple audiences.
|||Abbotsford, British Columbia|||||||||7ybbRu9-vSjnjLZI|||PART_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false
Select a location
If you're shopping outside of the Canada or the United States, please use the US store.